Royal Park Shiodome Tower Restaurant, Shiodome


10-29-08

Seeing as Hubby was off at a business dinner at a fabulous restaurant, I decided to also visit a pretty place myself. Wasn't feeling exactly well, and didn't feel like going far, so hotel restaurant fit the bill.

Beautiful place. They were so wonderful to me, seated me at a fantastic table with a view of Tokyo Tower. Extremely attentive but not obsequious. While I read my book, I enjoyed a very nice, albeit uneven, meal. Perfect timing on each course presentation. Prix fixe, 1 cocktail, 1 glass of wine came to ¥12127.






I had a yummy cocktail, a Dit, which I'm not sure could have been grapefruit and campari.

















They were so nice to give me a copy of the menu as a souvenir when I asked.
















Marinade of salmon and potatoes with creamy horseradish sauce compote of salmon roe and fennel on side. Didn't work. Forgot that they do potatoes really grainy!










Creamy soup of seasonal mushrooms, cappuccino style. Delicious!










The 'pan-fried today's fishes spicy american sauce, with stewed French vegetables' was absolutely fantastic, so well presented and tasty I forgot to take a pic first.


Roasted duck breast with sauteed 'foie-gras' and seasonal vegetables. Delicious dish. Beautifully done veggies, and perfect, tender duck.











Apple pie with milky apple sherbet. Deceptive - it's a big puff pastry (tasty) over a few slices of apple barely covering the ramekin bottom. But I was so full it was fine. The sherbet was a yummy surprise.

Popular Posts