Roussey Petit Munster Gerome


I'm soooooo addicted to this cheese! It's on my current top 5 list. It's a semi-soft cheese, and depending how old it is, I've gotten practically spreadable to almost semi-soft (firmish middle with really soft rind). Hubby picked it a while back from Whole Foods. We've been working our way through all the cheeses there, only forgot to take notes on them. This one's so memorable not to note.

Can't really describe it - strong but mellow, slightly salty, little mushroomy? Though - it is really smelly STRONG and we have to put it into a freezer ziploc to contain the odor, or it will instantly permeate the frig. Some could have a prob with it, I actually like it.

Comments

Lynn said…
Just bought this cheese today, also from Whole foods....and surfed around to see what it was...found your blog. I'm currently letting it come to room temp.

I am always searching for cheaper, more readily available substitutes for my favorite cheese - epoisse. I am hoping this might fill the bill. It smells like it might do.
FoodTracker said…
Excellent! So what was the verdict? Worthy sub for the epoisse?

Popular Posts