Domaine Carneros & Viansa - Tale of 2 Wine Clubs

Viansa - god did these people annoy me. Visited middle of October, signed up for their wine club, pickup option. I get credit card bill the first week of November, and wouldn't you know it, already charged TWO months, end of Oct & Nov. Gee, really efficient with taking money but not so much with anything after that. I get no notifications that my selections were ready. Saga starts 11/15. Lag time of at least 3-5 days before any replies to email. I request shipping, express mild annoyance at not being notified. 11/23 get email that they'd be shipped out. 12/5 still no wine, so email again. Get email about DEC's shipment. Nothing about the others. Finally 12/20 another rep emails that there was a prob, ran out of couple wine selections (?!), but shipping out (subs?). Very nice rep, courteous, and I actually got the wine this time.

Meanwhile, Domaine Carneros sends me nice postcard 1st wk Dec, I call to ask for shipping (also pickup option), and to cancel. Completely professional and gracious. 2 days later, not only do I get another postcard confirming cancellation with a free tasting, my wine selections arrive the very next week. Which really emphasized the other club's ineptitude, and annoyed me even more.

Anyway, we opened up a late disgorged DC, and OMG we LOVED this! Think we'll have to re-enroll, since only members get these kinds of issues.

Comments

Popular Posts