Whisky Buys

Been forgetting to record the whisky tastings!  Ah well, at least here's the latest batch.  Finishing up an Oban 14 year, which was really lovely.  On the sweeter side, light peat, pretty smooth and mellow.  Perfect for over the summer.

Grabbed a Lagavulin 16 year and a Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban.  Have had the Lagavulin before, and if I remember correctly, it packs a hell of a punch - sharp bite, so smoky and peaty you could bite through it.  Perfect for winter.  Well, I'll soon refresh my memory when I open the bottle in a few days!  Don't think I've had the Port Cask, but may have had another Glenmorangie before.  That's what happens when I forget to put in the blog!


From Booze!
I'm also very partial to bourbon, especially around the holidays, when I'd like a sweeter drink.  Knob's Creek is a favorite, and going to try out a Jefferson's Reserve "Very Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky Very Small Batch", as in this bottle is No. 1584 of 2400 bottles of Batch No. 68.  Whatever.  It was freaking expensive for bourbon (almost just got another whisky instead, LOL) so it better be damned good.  Finished an Elmer T. Lee Single Barrel Bourbon, which was just "ok".


From Booze!


From Booze!

Comments

Popular Posts