231 Ellsworth, San Mateo

Decided on Thanksgiving here, after vacillating on going into City or not. Glad we came! 4 course meal for $59, $20 extra for me to have a 3 wine pairing. Great meal, great service, great table, romantic, and we just stuffed ourselves. Best part: I didn't have to spend the whole day cooking and cleaning like I used to! They were completely booked, LOL, obviously we were all on the same wavelength.

Forgot to take pics of the mains since we just started digging in, but I had the braised short ribs (perfect) and Hubby had the traditional turkey and stuffing, very good. There were slices of white (very tender) and dark (a little dried and tough) meat.





Both started with the sweet potato soup, very creamy and savory, not sweet.















I had the scallops with truffle foam over chard, perfectly done. Hubby had a salad.













Hubby had the chocolate fondant, and had already taken a delicious bite, before pic.












I had the spice cake, which was absolutely delicious. Yeah, already took a couple bites too before remembering a pic, LOL.

Comments

Popular Posts