Akaihana, Hayward

Dropped in for lunch, and hilarious!, I knew something had changed but couldn't quite put my finger on it at first. Little decor changes, along with a complete change of staff. I didn't recognize anyone there, was a bit puzzled. The chalkboard, faded rice paper were gone. And surprise, surprise, I got prompt service! I immediately got seated, got my menu, got water and tea, all within 5 mins. Pretty excellent.

The waitress confirmed they'd changed ownership. They've made a few small cosmetic changes, along with all new staff, even the sushi chef, but they're all still Japanese, so, whew. Food seems about the same, the San Leandro roll not quite right, think it was missing the spicy sauce, and the former chef piled on a bit more fish eggs and the black ones too, unlike this guy. But overall, similar enough.

Comments

Popular Posts