Cowgirl Creamery & Acme Bread, Ferry Building, SF

So, I'm making my own grilled cheeses, using the same ingredients list as Hog Island. Feels even better that I can have one of their menu items without having to patronize them at all. Woohoo.

We like Cowgirl cheeses, and usually pick them up at Whole Foods. First time shopping direct, and everyone was so nice and helpful! As I was staring at the cheeses, drooling, looking very clueless, a girl cutting cheeses smiled at me, asked if I wanted to buy, and when I said yes, she nicely explained to pick up a number from the stand, and the salesperson could explain all the cheeses to me and give samples.

My number was called within minutes, and the nicest guy went thru several cheeses with me, didn't roll his eyes at all when I said I just wanted to copy the Hog sandwich, though he said he didn't know the ingredients list. But was rather enthusiastic and suggested several other items too. Chatted about the origins of the cheeses. Sent me over to the cases while he wrapped up my selections, and someone immediately asked me if he could help even though I had no number. My guy came on over, and gave me several more samples to try. Then put everything into a 'basket' (small wooden case), and sent it to the cashier.

The cashier smiled at me, and as she's ringing up the purchases, said, indulgently, 'Aha, grilled cheese sandwiches? Those are so good!'

Oh Cowgirl Creamery, your people just made my day!

I swear I had a pic of the store, but can't find it. A pic of the inner case.
From My Food Adventures

My salesperson, so nice!
From My Food Adventures

My haul: cave-aged gruyere, mezzo secco monterey jack, fromage blanc, and some pickled veggies.
From My Food Adventures

Stopped next door at Acme Bread, fast line, nice guy! Showed me the two sizes, and I picked the smaller one.
From My Food Adventures

Got this gorgeous fresh focaccia. Oh, the scent was heavenly!! Did I mention, fresh?
From My Food Adventures

Comments

Popular Posts